This plugin shows the local time of a city embedded in a TWiki topic. The current local time is taken from the Date and Time Gateway at http://TWiki.org/cgi-bin/xtra/tzdate
, or calculated internally.
variable anywhere in your topic.
is a Continent/City combination as defined in the Date and Time Gateway page.
Plugin settings are stored as preferences variables. To reference
a plugin setting write
- One line description, is shown in the TextFormattingRules topic:
- Set SHORTDESCRIPTION = Shows the local time of a city embedded in a TWiki topic.
- Debug plugin: (See output in
- Use internal date command instead of Date and Time Gateway. This is faster, but depends on BSD / Linux style zoneinfo files and the
Plugin Installation Instructions
- Download the ZIP file from the Plugin web (see below)
LocalCityTimePlugin.zip in your twiki installation directory. Content:
| File: || Description: |
| Plugin topic |
| Plugin topic repository |
| Plugin Perl module |
- Check if the following
- Optionally enable internal date calculation with the
USEDATECOMMAND = 1 setting. This is faster then getting the data from the Date and Time Gateway page, but it depends on BSD / Linux style zoneinfo files and the
date command; configure the
$dateParam settings in
twiki/lib/TWiki/Plugins/LocalCityTimePlugin.pm in case needed.
Related Topics: TWikiPreferences
- 19 Nov 2004