TWiki.org User Registration
We invite you to create an account on TWiki.org to learn about TWiki (what is TWiki?
), and we invite you to get involved with the TWiki community
in core development, plugin development and support. To try TWiki, visit the Sandbox
workspace after registration. You can also log in anonymously as user TWikiGuest
(case sensitive!) with password guest
TWiki.org has a friendly community where people know each other by their real name. We invite you to register with your real first name and last name, also for your WikiName
. Your WikiName
is the first and last name put together, such as JohnSmith
for John Smith.
When TWiki receives the form, it will mail an account activation code to the e-mail address you gave above. Enter that activation code in the following screen, or follow the link in the e-mail, to activate your account. Once your account is activated, TWiki will:
- Finish creating an account for you, so that you can start editing pages using your WikiName.
- Create your personal TWiki topic using your WikiName as topic name, and add the data you submitted to the topic.
- Send you a confirmation of your registration by e-mail.
Once registered you can login using your WikiName
Registered users can change
If you have any questions about registration, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
TWiki.org Specific Notes
TWiki.org has a friendly community
where people know each other by their real name. We encourage to use your real first name and last name, also for your WikiName
. Your WikiName
is the first and last name put together, e.g. JohnSmith
. Please do not register with bogus or incomplete names, they will be removed without notice -- doing so is just wasting the time of the TWiki team; time preferably spent on further TWiki development.
(some people don't seem to care, we are removing bogus registrations (such as AbcDef, AlCapone, CyberBob, FoolishFool, GuestGuest, HansDampf...) quickly on a daily basis)
- You can also login anonymously as user TWikiGuest (case sensitive!) with password guest
- TWiki.org is not a free host or webspace provider but you are invited to use the Sandbox web for testing
- The information provided in this form will be stored in a database on the TWiki server. This database is accessible to anyone who can access the server through the web (though passwords will be encrypted, and e-mail addresses will be hidden to help prevent spamming)
How to delete your TWiki.org account
NOTE to Wiki Spammers:
There are good reasons not
to spam TWiki.org and other TWiki sites: (1) The "nofollow" tag defeats the purpose of spam, (2) your URL and IP address will be banned from TWiki.org, (3) your URL is reported to administrators of other wiki sites, (4) banned URLs cannot be saved and are shared among TWiki and other wiki sites
To delete an account, edit your home page and replace its content with DELETE. It will be removed within a day or two.
If you have any questions about registration, send an email to email@example.com
- Set ALLOWTOPICCHANGE = TWikiAdminGroup
- This setting write-locks this TWikiRegistration topic to all but members of the TWiki administrator group.
- In general, wikis work best if pages are open for editing as much possible, except for core system pages (like this one).
Comments & Questions about this Distribution Document Topic
Please visit TWikiRegistrationComments
to leave comments