This is a SupplementalDocument
topic which is not
included with the official TWiki distribution. Please help maintain high quality documentation by fixing any errors or incomplete content. Put questions and suggestions concerning the documentation
of this topic in the comments section below
! Use the Support
web for problems you are having using TWiki.
How do I upgrade an already installed extension like a plugin using configure?
- You must be an admin with access to the configure script and you must additionally know the special configure password.
- Open configure
- Find the section Extensions and open it by clicking on it
- Find the link "Find More Extensions" on the right and click it
Back to: TWikiFAQ
- Configure now loads all extensions from twiki.org. This can take a minute. If twiki.org is very busy this can occationally fail. Then just try again a minute later.
- Look for the extensions you want to upgrade. You can see which version you have installed and which version is available at twiki.org.
- If you find that there is a newer version - then it is good to first check with a browser if the newer version is compatible with your version of TWiki. Configure cannot see this. If you run the latest version of TWiki a new version of an extensions which is marked as working for your version should always be safe to upgrade.
- Click the upgrade link and inspect carefully all the text that is returned. It writes quite a lot even when things go well. Look at the bottom to check that the extension upgraded without errors.
-- Contributors: KennethLavrsen
Comments & Questions about this Supplemental Document Topic