My TWiki Links
Has it been that long since I have been running with scissors??
- Wikihip @ CERN in 2002, thanks to the wayback machine!
- Started out on an old Pentium late 2001, perhaps 90Mhz, 256MB RAM? Next to my desk...
- The earlier in 2001, the HIP Technology Programme started using Ward Cunningham's WikiWikiWeb for shared notes, meeting minutes, coordinating summer students... the need for finer grained access control and page history led to the deployment of HIP's TWiki, which provided some exercise for the search engine that indexed web pages from cern.ch domain.
- Some time later the CERN IT department deployed a TWiki which is still which is still in use at https://twiki.cern.ch/
- Some History and Motivation having to do with HIP's TWiki from the Wayback Machine.
Reminders... / bookmarks
My Personal Preferences
- Preference for the editor, default is the WYSIWYG editor. The options are raw, wysiwyg:
- Show tool-tip topic info on mouse-over of WikiWord links, on or off:
- Set LINKTOOLTIPINFO = off
- Optionally write protect your home page: (set it to your WikiName)
- More preferences TWiki has system wide preferences settings defined in TWikiPreferences. You can customize preferences settings to your needs: To overload a system setting, (1) do a "raw view" on TWikiPreferences, (2) copy a
Set VARIABLE = value bullet, (3) do a "raw edit" of your user profile page, (4) add the bullet to the bullet list above, and (5) customize the value as needed. Make sure the settings render as real bullets (in "raw edit", a bullet requires 3 or 6 spaces before the asterisk).