| Please do not edit this page! Please see MarketingHubTalk to find out how this page ties in with the regular marketing meetings and how this page is designed to be edited.
Testimonials (including You Tube contest)
TWiki has a huge installed base and we need to make use of this to get the word out there. The most exciting part of this is the YouTubeDemoContest2008
where you could win up to $2,000 for a short video telling the story about how great TWiki is.
For information on how many TWiki installations are estimated to be in use, see the page TWikiPopularityEvidence
- The TWiki community has its own blog
- If you'd like to write a blog entry but are not sure what to write about, take a look at BlogIdeas.
- If you've got an idea for a blog but can't write it yourself why not add it to BlogIdeas and ask for a co-author. Wikis are all about collaboration, right?
- Press the button! We're not looking for perfection so why not jump in and create a blog post. There is a button on the page BlogIdeas entitled “Write new post”. (You'll need to be a member of TWikiAdminGroup. Details on how to become a member are on the TWikiAdminGroup itself.)
- We are currently under utilising blogging as a way to promote TWiki and we are currently looking at ways to correct this. Join the discussion at TWikiBlogStrategy.
Website layout and design
Everyone's agreed that TWiki.org needs a makeover and work is already underway on the new website. See pages:
The website currently runs rather slowly and it has been long recognised that this could turn off prospective users of TWiki. Work is underway to improve this and we've been loaned a heavy duty Sun server which will be hosted by TWiki.net. For more information, see NewTWikiOrgServer2008
- Our current policy is to issue press releases for each new software release.
- The PressRoom archives old press releases and discusses what's planned in the future.
Sixty people showed up to the first meet up
held in Silicon Valley, it was judged a success and another one is planned soon. There are meet ups in the rest of the world too, see Codev.TWikiMeetUps for details.
Get Involved in TWiki Marketing
The quickest way to find out what's going on in TWiki marketing and how you can contribute is to go along to one of the fortnightly (every two weeks) marketing meetings. See TWikiMarketingMeeting2008x03x24 for details.
-- Contributors: MichaelCorbett - 24 Mar 2008