create new tag
, view all tags

Minutes of Edinburgh Release Meeting, 04 Sep 2006

TOC and Agenda

Logistics, Participants, IRC log

1. Review Previous Action Items

  • All: Profilling - few wishlist inputs. More very welcome. Agree to let Harald push this further.
  • Kenneth: TWikiFns. Ask Meredith if she is committed to drive it further - and when. It takes a driver to continue this further. There is still full support for the idea.
  • Kenneth: Clarify the veto on TWikiRelease04x01Process as it has been discussed today.
    • DONE Done
  • All: Configure on DEVELOP: "as a general statement, there is no need to tell CDot anything else than - go ahead - and here is our additional wishlist." More of us will try to test further.
    • DONE The new feature is now in the TWiki4 branch and being matured.
  • PreInstallSmartEditAddOn looks promissing but does not work on Safari. So needs more work. But could be TWiki distribution candidate.
    • Arthur: will try and look at code as time allows
    • Anyone: Can we get the developer access to a MacOS machine with Safari? (does he have access to one already - and is his sponser OK with spending time on this aspect?)
    • Update: Reports indicate that the performance on anything but very small topics is unacceptable. See PreInstallSmartEditAddOn.

2. Modify ChangeProposal for new TWiki Release 4.1 Process

Form Change Process to accept change proposals

  • The process was discussed. The next step is to modify the Codev TWiki Application in a way that we can separate the wishes from users that are not committed from the proposals from people that are committed to implement the proposed feature. The discussion continues but we soon need the changes implemented to be able to use the new process because we cannot separate the committed feature proposals from the more than 250 proposals.
  • Current process: ChangeProposal, ChangeProposalForm. There was agreement that the process should be simplified and that we need the field for committed developer back.
  • Sam Hasler will take a stab at implementing what was discussed.

3. Review proposed items

  • Desired outcome: Identify action items for proposed items in WhatIsIn04x01 that have open questions

  • We did not have participants to do this.

4. Profiling framework for TWiki

  • Desired outcome: Try to define roadmap for easy to use profiling tool

  • Harald has already checked in the first part of the work in collaboration with Crawford. The issue is currently that the basic profiling does not tell us enough and the more detailed kind will tell us too much. We will need a tool to handle the large quantity of data the detailed tool will give us.

  • Harald is still asking for more feedback. Harald will describe a bit more when is available now so we can provide better feedback.

Action Items


Back to: EdinburghRelease

Comments / Feedback

I moved SmartEditAddOn discussion to PreInstallSmartEditAddOn.

-- PeterThoeny - 15 Sep 2006

Kenneth, if you have time could you finish the notes of this meeting? It was my understanding that you would take the notes. We need the action items for EdinburghReleaseMeeting2006x09x18.

-- PeterThoeny - 16 Sep 2006

Done. I had made some preliminary notes during the meeting in an open text editor on my Windows machine and the plan was to copy paste that in the next morning. Next morning Microsoft had decided to send us all an update which rebooted the machine at the end. So my text was lost. And then the focus changed to getting the hotfix 4 out. But I have read through the log now and recaptured the action items.

-- KennethLavrsen - 16 Sep 2006

Topic attachments
I Attachment History Action Size Date Who Comment
Texttxt EdinburghMinutes2006x09x04.txt r1 manage 25.6 K 2006-09-13 - 19:28 PeterThoeny IRC log of Edinburgh Release Meeting 2006-09-04
Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r8 < r7 < r6 < r5 < r4 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r8 - 2006-09-16 - KennethLavrsen
  • Learn about TWiki  
  • Download TWiki
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl Hosted by OICcam.com Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback. Ask community in the support forum.
Copyright © 1999-2018 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.